Wednesday 5 July 2017

Muslim Zionism

At  a very young age, I was aware of the project of Zionism in it's original sense. I was taught to read political posters and I hardly missed any. Some of them were against Israel . Soon I happened to read polemical literature in Malayalam on Zionism; I remember some of the titles, but those are not worth repeating for reasons I would like to explain in some other posts. After stints with what I now identify as propagandist/ polemical/ rhetorical politics, I reached somewhere I can reflect on my childhood intellectual formation. I feel those anti- Zionists were in fact Muslim Zionists, not that they strived for a homeland ( which they already and so horribly did during 1940s- so much thanks to Professor Faisal Devji and his path breaking and original formulations for this understanding-) but their response to the majoritarian politics and many slogans and mistakes were similar. Now , when I am away from such politics - in an intellectual state where I think Freud and Marx are most relevant contemporary thinkers and are never out dated-  I want to write on the falsity of contemporary community poltics and it's closeness to Zionist ideals. I shall keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. Well written.. These propaganda of Muslim Zionist put forward together with hatredness and sheer prejudices. As few of us are aware of how new organisations categorize the social problems within utmost agenda of wrath eventually evolved into political violence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. And it is never late to reassert the idea of non- violence. In some sense the imitations of old school revolutionary violence is used by new age reactionaries in their propaganda as we read in Facebook and posters. Again Professor Devji's book 'Landscapes..' has a deeper take.

      Delete
  2. adipoli maan!.. keep posting.

    ReplyDelete