Saturday 8 July 2017

Growing up (growing down) with stupidity

Does a good smart phone make blogging easier? I feel it does. I have never felt writing a blog before I owned this moderately priced Honor Huwai phone. I thank my dear friend, quantum physicist J Chathanathil for suggesting this phone. Will I end up writing a promotional review? I wouldn't mind if the Chinese smart phone company pay me cash in Indian rupee:) till then I will turn to what I had written previously.

I want to write on stupidity.  It is clearly linked with what I wrote earlier. Till teenage, one can only be stupid and in my case so self assuringly stupid. But stupidity doesn't stand alone. It has it's intellectual context. Can one read voraciously, all classics, all highly rated non fictions while being young and remain insipidly stupid? My experience says yes. Life can only be learned with experience. But what surprised me is stupidity sometime is incomprehensible.
So after many years of contemplating on stupidity I  look forward to read the book ' Stupidity' by philosopher Avital Ronell. Libgen doesn't have the book. Amazon.in is too expensive.  May Professor Ronell helps me to make sense of my young age once I could read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment